Engineering I Business Development I Social Innovation
A dynamic, versatile and result driven professional with professional and volunteering career spanning across Engineering, FMCG, Social Innovation and community development projects with proven track records and recognitions in and outside Africa.
He has an engineering background with a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. He is a corporate member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers and registered Engineer with Council for Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), a government body that accredits and keeps registers of qualified engineers.
He began his professional career with P&G in 2013 as a Management Trainee and rose to become Emerging Channels Leader (leading a national Babycare and E-commerce team). He is also an MBA graduate specializing in Small Business and Entrepreneurship. His MBA thesis is on the effect of Foreign Direct Investment on Nigeria’s Economy.
In his quest for more knowledge and interest in understanding the perennial energy problems in Nigeria, he recently completed a Masters degree in Energy Studies specializing in Energy Economics and Renewable Energy.
In 2015, He founded Hopefield Network as a Social Enterprise that leverages a network of undergraduates and young professionals to initiate and execute community focused projects in Education and Skills Acquisition. The project has grown from 5 volunteers and 1 project in 2015 to 165 volunteers and 10 projects in 2018 and featured in local and international media. The organization has received regional, national and international recognitions and has been featured on Social Innovation Academy as a case study and African Union Innovating in Education Network.
Adetunji volunteers with reputable organizations in Nigeria such as Chief Strategy Officer for My Vote My Future Foundation; Public Affairs Analyst for Lead Radio, Splash FM and Rave TV; Special Adviser on Policy for New Voices Initiative and Convener of Young and Emerging Leaders Conference.
Adetunji has offered his technical expertise in the following conferences as;
- Contributor, Collaborative Opportunities for Transforming Higher Education in Africa 2018, organized by MIT/World Bank in Abidjan.
- Contributor, 2018 Conference on Renewable Energy Development in Africa; Interplay between Technology, Economics and Law organized by Center for Petroleum, Energy Economics and Law and African Network for Solar Energy, Nigeria
- Delegate, 7th German-Nigerian Business Forum, a think-tank discussion on Nigeria’s economic outlook and opportunities after recession, organized by German Delegation AHK, Lagos.
- Facilitator, workshop on discovering and developing students’ potential for the future of work in Nigeria organized by Oyo State Government, Nigeria.
- Participant, Gas Monetization Economics and Investment Decision Making, Fisoye Delano, DelphiInvest Limited.
- Country Representative, Innovating in Education Expo organized by African Union Commission, Dakar, Senegal
- Participant, State of Education in Africa Conference by African-American Institute, Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
- Author, How Radical Social Innovations Can Accelerate Rapid Development in Nigeria; Published on Social Innovations Academy, Luxembourg
He is also a recipient of the following awards;
- 2011 Future of Energy conference Sponsored by Total SA, Paris, France.
- 2013 World Business Dialogue Conference Sponsored by Lufthansa Airline, Cologne, Germany
- 2012 Best Graduating Student, Environmental Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria
- 2016 Best Manager for Capability Development, P&G Nigeria
- 2016 Best Key Account Manager (for four times in a fiscal year)
- 2017 Lion Award for a Successful Business Transition, P&G Nigeria
- 2018 Social Entrepreneur of the Year, ShanyiLife Africa Conference and Awards
- 2018 First runner-up, Mandela Washington Fellowship Alumni Leadership Award
- YiPAfrica List of 100 Shooting Stars Award
He can be reached directly via;
Social Media: @adetunji1212
He is open to opportunities for collaborations.